UHP HYDRO JETTING & PAINTING
Objective/Outline Scope: WATER AS A TOOL
These recommended practices cover the personnel requirements, operator training, operating procedures and recommended equipment for the proper operation of all types of high pressure water jetting equipment as normally used by industries concerned with construction, maintenance, repair, cleaning and demolition work. UHP hydro jetting technology the objectives of this work scope are to prepare the surfaces and paint the specified structures of the ship or rig as described in this specification.
The painting works are to be carried out during the on-site periods
of the project as appropriate. Global standards follow i.e as below :
NACE 5/SSPC 12 1995 Standards
P 1 — Solvent Cleaning
SP 2 St 2 Hand Tool Cleaning
SP 3 St 3 Power Tool Cleaning
SP 5 Sa 3 White Metal Blast Cleaning
SP 6 Sa 2 Commercial Blast Cleaning
SP 7 Sa 1 Brush Off
SP 10 Sa 2.5 Near White Metal Blast Cleaning
SP 12 Surface preparation and cleaning of metals by Water-jetting prior to recoating.
UHP hydro jetting (25000psi – 42000psi)
UHP hydro jetting also covers the shell and tube bundles cleaning, i.e clearing any hardened clogged various production defects, ship hull, and ballast tanks, structures & also prepares for IRIS & RFET inspections at plant.
Common product required UHP cleaning i.e palm Olin’s, Polypropylenes, Polyurethanes’ harden coffee & fats.
Advantages of UHP hydro jetting
– Reduction of men power since there were no spent abrasive to be lifted
– No trapping iron oxide or contamination on metal, as this being a failure of coating application
– No obstacle of other contractor while performing their scope since don’t product any dust
– Fully comply with DOE & DOSH environment & heath regulations in Malaysia
– Full application of cleaning for a live process plant and reduces the time to time shutdowns
UHP HYDRO JETTING 42 000PS
UHP HYDRO JETTING JOB ONBOARD-LTS3000