LOTTE CHEMICAL TITAN (PASIR GUDANG )- TPP 3 PLANT EXTENSION WORK IN COLLABORATION WITH USAHAWAN BERSAMA TECHNICS SDN BHD & TECHNOFIT (M) SDN BHD – 2017
FLOW SYNERGY TECHNICS SDN BHD was awarded a plant extension work related to chemical cleaning, lube oil flushing, temporary piping fabrication for turbine & steam blow application for all piping related to new installed steam turbine.
CHEMICAL CLEANING :
The process for chemical cleaning for stainless steel process tubing (petrochemical)
- tubing(SS304 & SS316L ERW)
- Cleaning solution: 1-2% by Volume of Owner-approved Pre-wash
- Passivation solution: 10-15% Citric Acid by Volume in deionised water
- Size and meter run:
- TPP 3 lube oil line Modification – SS316 L
- ¾ ” x 24.9 mtrs
- 1 ½ “x 24.9 mtrs
- 2″ x 46.8 mtrs
- 3″ x 7mtrs x 103.6 mtr
LUBE OIL FLUSHING – TURBINE LINES (#600 & #300) – ( NAS 6 / ISO – SAE749-1963)
- Provision hot oil flushing pump @2500lpm, integrated heater 45kw, return filter & flow filter skid, an electrical driven pump with storage tank 3000ltrs.
- A 3mic filter bag with pal return 120 wire mesh filter bag will be utilized for the flushing job, Hydraulic hosea with stand 80-90° will be utilized on the temporary close lopping flushing system
- Temporary connecting and looping will be done between compressor, lube oil console unit & by pass lines to circulate till the equilibrium state reached, particle collected and NAS achieved
- While oil flushing the temperature shall be monitored as not exceeding the range from 75°c as to maintain the oil performances while process run
- Nitrogen shall be injected in to the lube oil while circulations to create the bubbling to gain better flushing result.
- After lube oil flushing a online in-situ particle test will be done for quick result
- Standard flushing shall be at NAS 5-6 based on particle not exceeding 0.25mm
FABRICATION :(Temporary piping for steam blow) – STEAM BLOWING
- To provision qualified welding inspector(CSWIP 3.1) & 6g welders (6nos) fitters (4nos) to fabricate the temporary lines with double process welding method around the clock for 24hrs work schedule.
- To weld & modify approx. 12 joint, modify T joint of steam pipe 8″ & 10″ provision by TFSB at site. The connection shall parallel connect the both turbine C600 & C300 while steam blow in process till silencer.
- To prepare temporary welding support for temporary lines approx. 4-6 locations
- After pre welding process any welding modification shall be done at LCTM site for better installation for steam blow.
STEAM BLOWING – 40 BAR
- Provision steam, blow engineer 1pax and technician 4pax for the below project
- Steam flushing basically being applied while to remove foreign substances such as sand, lagging material, dust and other off not enter the rotating such as turbine rotors during the plant operation. To prevent this pipe shall flush with steam therefore hand over with operation department.
Pre flushing procedure
- During the erection of new build steam pipes, it is impossible to prevent foreign matters remaining in the steam water cycle. And in addition, the steel of which the steam and water cycles are fabricated will be contaminated with corrosion products (iron oxides) due to heat treatments of the steel (annealing) or rust from environmental circumstances.
- Determination of the velocity of the steam inside the system. This is called K-factor. Only from a certain velocity or K-factor the steam has sufficient energy to remove the particles from the system or pipes.
- The pressure, temperature, diameter of the steam lines and length of the steam lines of the temporary piping and silencers can be determined. The turbine itself will of course not be a part of the steam blow and will be bypassed with the temporary steam blow lines. Steam blow operations have to be monitored.
- Steam flushing shall be done as 36-50m/sec as constant as steam from boiler.
- Temperature range – 300-400°c
- 40bar steam blow from plant supplied steam with temporary pipe connection with supports