LOTTE CHEMICAL TITAN AWARDED FLOW SYNERGY TECHNICS SDN BHD A 3″ PIPE INTERNAL PIGGING WORK TO FLUSH THROUGH THE HARDEN/ STICK POLYMER FORMATIONS.
1st Stage – Pipe line internal pigging – 1300m(1.3km)
- All opening for entry required air purge and ventilation is required to provide sufficient ventilation duct, inductor, hose, air compressor, tools and other equipment required for the ventilation work.
- To install blinds at the starting point of the work activity and other isolation points as requested and indicated by PE2.
- To clean HP pipe line internal (as per the piping isometric and remove sludge, grease, dirt, flakes, rust, etc., by mean of conventional pigging method using Pig Launcher and Encapsulated Pig Receiver/Collector to bare metal finish.
- Schematic lines need to be pig :
- TRAIN A : From the 1st stage discharge of cylinders #1,2, & 3 through the jacketed intercoolers E-1150, E-1151, E-1154 & E-1155 to the 2nd stage suction of cylinders #7,8 & 9. Total length of pipe in TRAIN A is 680.712 meters.
- TRAIN B: From the 1st stage discharge of cylinders #4,5, & 6 through the jacketed intercoolers E-1152, E-1153, E-1156 & E-1157 to the 2nd stage suction of cylinders #10,11 & 12Total length of pipe in TRAIN B is 679.114 meters
- Total length of pipe in TRAIN A & B together is 1359.826 meter
- Total length of pipe in TRAIN A & B together is 1359.826 meters
- After identify the pipe discharge point 550bar min pressure will be purged approx 250mtrs to dilute/break the hardened polymer. The process of purging will be prolonged till a discharge is found at another end. A HP pump at 40 000psi with applied in this pigging process, the pressure will be gradually increased based on the cleaning ratio & quickness.
2nd Stage – Pipe line internal pigging – 120m
- Pigging from 2nd stage discharge of cylinders 10, 11, 12 through HV1153 & E-1401(1st Side Stream Cooler) up to SR1.
- Pigging from 2nd stage discharge of cylinders 7,8,9 through HV1154 & E-1402 (2nd Side Stream Cooler) up to SR40.
- Total 1300mtrs piping will be divided into 4 openings at 500mtrs each, will be cut and reweld using qualified 6g welders and fitters after cleaning process.
- While pre & post cleaning process all inspection will be done with a LCTM representative
- Bolting work shall be done by using a manual/hydraulic torch range which approve by LCTM
- After final pressure testing at 3000bar the reactor system was successfully handed over.